Message from Senior Management
About ANHF Facilities
- Currently we do not have any suspected or confirmed cases.
- From March till now, ANHF facilities have been implementing together the same restricted visit measures. However, with the decline of transmission in certain areas while there were increase in transmission risk in another area, different ANHF facilities’ exposure to COVID-19 risk vary. In view of this, we would like to ask you to check on the risk mitigation actions taken by each facility independently as they may be different from each other from now on.
- Regardless, due to the environmental limitation at each facility for social distancing visit, all visits will be required to go through an appointment system once the request is assessed by the Facility Manager.
- What we have been doing that have not changed are as follows:
- Our Connection Ambassadors will continue to assist all residents to maintain communications with family, friends or others who are not allowed to enter the facility at this time.
- Our registered nurses will continue to provide clinical updates of residents to their primary contacts.
- Our Facility Managers will continue to consider all special requests for visits compassionately, in particular for the end-of-life situations or residents receiving palliative care. Please do not hesitate to contact our Facility Managers if you have any questions.
- All staff and essential visitors are required to wear a surgical mask (provided by us) or other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while in the facility, in additional to the entry temperature check and screenings.
Thanks for your attention and understanding.
ANHF Senior Management
* You should NOT visit any facility if
- You have fever or respiratory symptoms, even mild. You should isolate at home and seek COVID-19 testing;
- You are waiting for COVID-testing result;
- You have household members who are in isolation or pending COVID-19 testing result;
- You have travelled to Melbourne / Victoria in the previous 14 days;
- You have household members or have close contact with people who have travelled to Melbourne in the previous 14 days;
- You have not received Influenza vaccination or unable to show us the evidence;
- You have visited any of the locations identified as COVID-19 hot spots or where there was a confirmed case (see updated list of venues and dates as at https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/latest-news-and-updates or https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/news/Pages/2020-nsw-health.aspx). It is important to regularly check the website, as this list may expand.
To download this message, click on the below link:
- Chief Executive Officer
- Community Care
- Residential Care
- Keep up to date with the latest news from the Department of Health
- Factsheets – Australian Government Department of Health
- COVID-19 Advice for the Public: Myth Busters
- Additional Resources – Learn the fundamentals of infection prevention and control
- Frequently Asked Questions
Chief Executive Officer
Keep up to date with the latest news from the Department of Health:
Factsheets – Australian Government Department of Health
COVID-19 Advice for the Public: Myth Busters
Additional Resources – Learn the fundamentals of infection prevention and control:
Frequently Asked Questions: